Sodexo Dietetic Internships:
Mission, Goals & Outcome Measures
Sodexo’s Mission Statement:
Every day, our 420,000 employees across the world work together to:
- Improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve. We strive to design On-site Services and Benefits and Rewards Services that improve people’s wellbeing, process efficiency and infrastructure reliability and quality. We are also gradually introducing Personal & Home Services.
- Contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the cities, regions and countries where we operate. We demonstrate this commitment every day by employing tens of thousands of people locally at our sites worldwide and contributing to their fulfillment and career development.
Sodexo Dietetic Internships Mission Statement:
Sodexo Dietetic Internships prepare diverse dietetic interns in a flexible, individualized manner to become entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists. Program graduates are self-directed leaders who promote and advance the profession of dietetics in caring for and improving the health and wellness of individuals and communities they serve.
Sodexo Internship Goals:
Program Goal #1 - The program will train intern graduates to be self-directed leaders with high professional standards who promote and advance the profession of dietetics in various settings.
- Over a 5 year period, 80% of graduates will pass the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within one year following first attempt.
- 90% of program graduates will take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- 80% of interns will complete the program within 18 months of the start of the program (150% of the time planned for completion on a part-time basis, which is 12 months).
- 80% of interns will rate that the program fostered self-directed learning as “agree or strongly agree” on the end of program survey.
- 80% of program graduates will score “quite well” or “extremely well” on the one year post graduate survey for “the internship provided me with the skills to improve the health and wellness of individuals and communities I serve.”
Program Goal #2 - The program will graduate competent dietetics practitioners from diverse backgrounds who are self- directed leaders that demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
- 90% of employers of graduates will score the graduate as “excellent or good” on the following measures on the 1-year graduate evaluation: leadership, self-direction, and critical thinking.
- 80% of program graduates, who are seeking employment, will get a job in nutrition and dietetics or related field within 12 months of graduation.
- >10% of accepted interns will be from diverse backgrounds e.g. different countries, cultures, ethnicity, age, and gender.
Program outcomes data is available upon request